Friday, May 20, 2005

Those poor persecuted perverts

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/family/4511059/detail.html

Six flags is now advising guests that it reserves the right to eject guests who are convicted sex offenders. I suspect this is more of a public relations ploy to attract more guests, than an actual attempt to keep deviants out of their parks.

The key here is that they will only subject park attendees to background checks if they are caught behaving inappropriately. I wonder exactly how they will accomplish this, since it would require the suspect to volunteer his identity, and so far as I know you don't have to provide identification to buy a ticket. I haven't been to six flags in years, being as I'm not a child anymore, so I could be wrong about the park requiring I.D. for entrance.

In short, although this sounds good, and the mainstream media loves this kind of P.R. B.S., I really don't see how this will solve any problems. Hopefully, these parks also have a policy of not hiring convicted sex offenders.

No comments: